Fun food to cook at home.
What you need:
Ready-made pizza base, or pizza base mix
Mozzarella (or cheddar)
- Set oven to 220°C. Always check with mum or dad before using the oven. If using pizza base mix, follow the packet instructions.
- Top your pizza base with a thin layer of tomato puree.
- Add your tomatoes and basil leaves.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese (Mozzarella is best!).
- Bake in an oven until the cheese melts and starts turning brown.
- Divide your pizza up and share with your friends!
Why not add even more toppings!
For a meatier feast, try ham, salami and pepperoni or for a Hawaiian treat, add tuna, sweet corn and chopped pineapple.
If you don’t have any pizza bases, try using pitta bread or halved baguettes instead – just as delicious!Print
Scrummy Eton Mess
What you need:
300ml whipping cream
1 tablespoon caster sugar
1 tablespoon icing sugar
8 meringue nests
- Put the caster sugar into a large mixing bowl and add the cream. Whip with an electronic whisk until it’s light and fluffy (ask Mum or Dad for help with this).
- Break up the meringues into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- Remove the green hats from the strawberries and divide into 2 piles.
- Carefully cut the strawberries in one of the piles into quarters and add to the bowl.
- Put the second pile of strawberries into a small bowl and mash up with the back of a fork. Add these to the mixture in the large bowl. Then gently mix together with a large spoon.
- Serve in a desert bowl and enjoy with your family & friends! Yummy!
Eton Mess is traditionally made with strawberries, but if you’d prefer another fruit, why not use delicious rhubarb and make Rhubarb Mess instead! Simply replace the strawberries with some roasted rhubarb (ask Mum or Dad for help with this.)Print